Easy 20-minute chicken caprese dinner that is juicy, tender, and loved by everyone! Made in one pan with juicy chicken thighs, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and a drizzle of sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1–2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes on the vine, sliced
- Fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low or as needed and simmer partially covered for 15-23 minutes, until vinegar has reduced to a thicken glaze. Start checking the glaze around 15 minutes. It should be thick but still easily pourable by a spoon. Remove from heat.
- While the vinegar is simmering, prepare the chicken. Lightly pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat butter with olive oil over medium-high heat. When butter begins to foam, add chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Top each chicken thigh with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with lid, reduce heat to medium and allow the chicken to cook 1-2 minutes longer until the cheese has slightly melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, top each thigh with a slice of tomato and sprinkle with fresh basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
- Chicken: The key to getting chicken nicely golden brown is to make sure the skillet is hot, chicken is not crowded, and using a heavy-bottom pan, such as cast-iron or stainless steel. You’ll need at least a 14-inch pan.
- Balsamic Glaze: To speed up this recipe even further, skip on making your own glaze and use a store-bought balsamic glaze. It’s usually sold in the same aisle as the oil.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 435.3 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 157 mg
Keywords: easy, quick, under 30 minutes,