Creamy zucchini corn salad with cilantro, feta cheese, and creamy zesty dressing. It’s like the Mexican street corn salad but with more veggies and healthier dressing!
- 4 ears sweet fresh corn, cooked + kernels cut from cob
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped zucchini, about 1 medium
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lime juiced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Optional: 2 tsp. honey
- In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, bell pepper, zucchini, red onion, cilantro, and feta cheese.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. I also love to add few teaspoons of honey to bring out the sweetness of corn but it is totally optional.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and throughly toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Before serving, stir the salad and taste. Does it need more salt? More lime juice? Or maybe even more feta or cilantro.
- Cooking Corn: You can cook the corn any way you like: boil, roast, grill. I personally love to use grilled corn as it adds smoky flavor to the salad. Slightly cool the corn before tossing with the dressing.
- Frozen Corn: Don’t have fresh corn? Substitute with 2 1/2 – 3 cups of frozen corn. Thawed completely and drained really well. I would not use canned corn as it tastes completely different.
- Make Ahead: To make ahead, simply add chopped salad ingredients into a bowl and salad dressing into another bowl. Refrigerate separately until ready to serve. Mix together before serving.
Keywords: street corn, healthy, summer