Wholesome bowl of hot blueberry oatmeal with flax is the BEST healthy breakfast you’ll ever eat! Topped with toasted pecans, fresh blueberries, and drizzle of honey.
- In a small saucepan (at least 2-quarts), bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat. Make sure the milk does not over boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in oats, flaxseed, and salt. Cook for 6-7 minutes, uncovered, or until the oats are tender and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir frequently. Oats should be nice and creamy. You might need to dial down the heat as well.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let the oatmeal rest for 5 minutes before serving. If need be, stir in a little milk to thin out or until desired consistency.
- Divide between two serving bowls. Top with blueberries, pecans, and maple syrup. Serve immediately.
- Make it dairy-free: Use almond milk or other non-dairy milk of choice.
- Make it gluten-free: Buy certified gluten-free old-fashioned oats if you are avoiding gluten.
- Add-ins: This oatmeal is very adaptable. Instead of blueberries try sliced strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Don’t like pecans? Almonds or chopped walnuts will work instead. You can also add a little butter to the oatmeal for taste and creaminess.
Keywords: healthy, fresh, clean