The most delicious lactation cookies recipe. These actually taste like legit cookies but with good for you ingredients.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cups white-whole wheat flour
- 5 Tbsp. Brewer’s Yeast
- 3 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups cane sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the butter and coconut oil on medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg + egg yolk and continue to beat until combined. Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. With a wooden spoon or spatula stir in the chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. The tops will be somewhat soft but as they cool, the cookies will harden further.
Keywords: breastmilk, nursing, milk supply