Quick and easy vegetable rice paper rolls with the most delicious peanut dipping sauce! See how to make these in advance.
- 4 oz. rice noodles or vermicelli
- 8–10 spring roll wrappers
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- Green leaf lettuce, torn into chunks
- 1 English cucumber, julienned
- 1–2 red bell peppers, julienned
- Shredded red cabbage
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh basil, sliced into thin ribbons
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain over a colander.
- In the meantime, prepare the peanut dipping sauce by adding all sauce ingredients except water to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add water by a tablespoon until desired consistency is achieved. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To assemble spring rolls, have all of the filling ingredients prepared and layed out. Add warm water to a shallow dish and soak one rice paper wrapper at a time. When you feel the wrapper getting loose, remove it from the water and set it on a damp cutting board.
- Arrange avocado slices in the center of the wrapper, below the avocado arrange the lettuce and layer small handful of noodles, cucumbers, and peppers. On top of the avocado layer red cabbage, cilantro, and basil.
- Gently fold over once, tuck in edges, and continue rolling until the seam is sealed. The wrapper will be very sticky and delicate so work quickly and carefully. It may take few tries and that’s okay.
- Cut the rolls in half and place on a serving platter. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
- Noodles can be cooked up to 3-4 days in advance and kept refrigerated. They are incredibly easy to work with after they have been refrigerated.
- Peanut sauce will keep in the fridge for up to a week. To make it gluten-free, use tamari instead of soy sauce. To make it vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Lightly wet your work surface, such as your cutting board to keep your rice paper from sticking.
Keywords: summer, spring, easy, healthy, light, authentic