Hearty chili with turkey sausage, ground turkey, and three types of beans. It’s thick, comforting, and makes enough for leftovers!
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- Heat oil in a large dutch-oven over high heat. Add turkey sausage and ground turkey. Cook until browned for 7-10 minutes while using a wooden spoon to crumble the meat as it cooks.
- Stir in onions, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions soften, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, scraping up brown bits from the pan. Stir in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes, partially covered. The mixture should reduce and thicken.
- Stir in beans and corn. Cook until heated through. Serve with chili toppings of choice.
- Slow Cooker: You can easily make this chili in a slow cooker. Brown the turkey meat and vegetables as written. Transfer to a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Cook on high 6 to 8 hours or low 10 to 12 hours.
- Leftovers: Leftover chili will last in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months when stored in an airtight container.
Keywords: fall, potluck, healthy