Healthy baked sweet potato slices topped with spicy bacon guacamole. So easy to make, so full of flavor and a hit at any game day party!
- 2 – 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean but NOT peeled, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for greasing pans
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup cooked sweet corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 bacon strips, cooked, cooled, and crumbled or finely chopped
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and distribute evenly using a pastry brush.
- Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Bake 15 -18 minutes. Potatoes will be soft, wrinkly, and golden brown on the bottom. Remove from the oven and allow to cool just slightly.
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Mash with a fork, leaving some chunks.
- Add corn, beans, red onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, and lime juice to the bowl. Fold in the bacon. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Top each potato slice with dollop of guacamole and serve immediately.
Keywords: football, tailgate food, fall