Loaded with protein boosting nuts, heart healthy flaxseed, chia seeds, and sweetened with dried fruit. These little energy balls are a perfect on-the-go snack!
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 7-8)
- 3/4 cup almonds, preferably raw
- 3/4 cup dried fruit*, chopped if necessary
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl of a food processor, combine the pitted dates and almonds. Pulse until coarse crumb like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined. The mixture should be sticky and easily stick together between two fingers. If the mixture seems dry, add 1 Tablespoon of water at a time.
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into approximately 1-inch ball. Transfer to prepared sheet pan and repeat until all of the mixture has been rolled.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until the balls are firm. Store refrigerated in a closed container. Makes 20-23 balls.
*You can use just about any type of dried fruit. I tested the recipe with dried apricots and dried blueberries. Both were delicious.
Keywords: snack, healthy, on the go