Incredibly easy chicken lettuce wraps with yummy sauce and simple toppings. It makes one delicious easy dinner.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce (can be found in Asian food isle)
- 1–1 1/2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1–2 heads of Boston lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 4 green onions, sliced on diagonal
- fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper. (I went light on S&P but added more after chicken was cooked). Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Add chicken slices to the remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate 1 hour up to overnight.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-hight heat (I had the heat on about an 8). Add olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken and cook about 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken onto a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To assemble chicken wraps: Top each lettuce leaf with couple pieces of chicken, cucumber, green onions, and cilantro leaves. Drizzle with reserved soy sauce marinade and enjoy!
To cut down prep time, marinate the chicken overnight and cook the next day.
**Prep time does not take into consideration the time it takes to marinate the chicken**
Keywords: easy, weeknight, kid friendly