Incredibly easy and flavorful chicken lettuce wraps with cucumbers, cilantro, and green onions.
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1–2 heads of butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, and dried
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced on diagonal or 2–3 mini cucumbers
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- Fresh cilantro leave
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve, optional
- Sweet chili sauce, to serve, optional
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the marinade and toss around to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour up to overnight.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken with the marinade and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring frequently. Do not overcrowd the chicken. Cook in batches if need to. Sprinkle the cooked chicken with sesame seeds
- To assemble a chicken wrap: Add chicken to a lettuce wrap. Top with cucumbers, green onions, and cilantro. If desired, add a drizzle of sweet chili sauce and serve with lime wedges.
- Chicken: If the chicken breast is thick, slice in half lengthwise and then into thin strips.
- Toppings: You can customize the toppings to suit your taste. See post for more ideas.
- Sauce: These lettuce wraps also taste good topped with a little peanut sauce, sweet chili sauce, or some of the reserved marinade. Sweet chili sauce is our favorite. It gives the wraps just a little sweetness.
- Leftovers: Store chicken and toppings in separate containers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- recipe lightly adapted from Cooking Light
Keywords: easy, weeknight, kid friendly