Shrimp pesto pasta with basil pesto and broccoli makes one easy weeknight meal. It’s ready in under 30-minutes!
- 8 oz. linguine (or spaghetti, fettuccine)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pesto, homemade or refrigerated type from the store
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, from about 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Cook linguine in salted water according to package directions. In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli, and cook until tender. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water and drain the rest. Keep linguine and broccoli in the pot off the heat.
- While linguine is cooking, pat dry the shrimp with a few sheets of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- To the linguine, add pesto, some of the reserved water, and chili flakes. Stir gently until the pasta is well coated with the pesto sauce. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. Taste for salt. Add in more reserved water if desired.
- Stir in cooked shrimp with the pan juices. Serve topped with additional parmesan cheese.
- Can I make this with frozen broccoli? Yes, you can. Substitute with equal parts of frozen broccoli. Add frozen broccoli to the linguine in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Leftovers: Leftovers can be refrigerated in a closed container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: easy shrimp pasta, pesto pasta, summer