Baked chicken parmesan meatballs with marinara, mozzarella, and garlic breadcrumbs. This sheet pan dinner is so quick and tasty!
- 1 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream*
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If using aluminum foil, lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl. Let the mixture sit for few minutes until the breadcrumbs absorb the milk.
- Add chicken, egg, parsley, sour cream, and salt. Season with pepper, to taste. Mix by hand just until combined. Do not overmix. Let the chicken mixture rest for 10 minutes before forming into meatballs.
- Form into 18 meatballs, approximately size of a golf ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. If the mixture is too sticky, lightly oil the palm of your hands with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, stir in the remaining breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each of the partially cooked meatballs, top with mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Return to the oven and bake for additional 10-12 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over cooked pasta.
- For sour cream, you can substitute mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt.
- Once cooked, meatballs with sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: one pan, family friendly, easy, weeknight, spaghetti