Sweet and sticky sesame chicken wings are so delicious, easy, and make a great appetizer or main dish!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger, grated with a microplane
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed, cut apart at joint
- 1–2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish, optional
- In a bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and salt.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with few sheets of paper towel and place in a rectangular dish so they are laying flat. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss around to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, lightly spray with non-stick oil.
- Remove the wings from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and arrange them on the prepared pan. Do not overcrowd the wings. Season the top of the wings with fresh ground black pepper, to taste. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to a syrupy sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush the tops with the reduced marinade. Flip the wings over, brush the second sides with the marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Return to the oven and bake until cooked through about 7-10 minutes. If desired, garnish with green onions before serving.
- Chicken Wings: To cut apart whole chicken wings, simply cut off and discard tips (or save them for chicken broth) with kitchen shears or a large heavy knife, then halve wings at joint.
- Leftovers: Leftover chicken wings can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: about 4 wings
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 734.9 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.3 g
- Protein: 41.1 g
- Cholesterol: 103.4 mg
Keywords: easy, baked asian wings, football