Foolproof 4-ingredient roasted bone-in chicken breast. It’s a recipe that never fails and is so good for everyday meals.
- 3 bone-in chicken breasts with skin on, 12-13 oz. each
- 6 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line half-sheet pan (13X18) with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and lightly pat dry with few sheets of paper towels.
- Rub EACH breast with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper to taste. Make sure to season all over and use your hands for rubbing the oil or a brush.
- Bake chicken skin side up for 35-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. Or cool the chicken until it is easy to handle with hands and pull the meat off the bones. Shred, dice, or slice it. This recipe makes 5 cups of shredded chicken meat.
- Before You Begin: Take the chicken out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to cooking and let rest at room temperature. Also, check the chicken for excess skin and trim accordingly.
- Storage/Freezing Instructions: See blog post for detailed storage instructions.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup (approx 3-4 ounces)
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 550.8 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.2 g
- Protein: 26.3 g
- Cholesterol: 85.1 mg
Keywords: meal prep, easy baked chicken, shredded chicken