Crunchy and flavorful pumpkin granola with pecans. It’s perfectly sweetened with honey and touch of brown sugar. Delicious as a snack or breakfast with milk, yogurt, or on its own!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the oats, pecans, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin spice together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, pumpkin puree, and vanilla over medium heat until smooth. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until everything is thoroughly moistened.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet. You can line the baking sheet with parchment paper first for easy cleanup.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, stirring near the halfway point. The granola should be golden brown by the time it is done baking. Keep an eye on it towards the end and stir as needed as it can burn easily.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet. It will crisp up further as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Sweetness: We retested the original recipe and increased the honey amount to 1/2 cup from 1/3 cup. If you prefer your granola less sweet, use 1/3 cup of honey.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar not only sweetens the granola but also caramelizes it. I do not recommend a substitute.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 59.1 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: on the go, snack, healthy, fall, pumpkin