These potatoes in cream sauce make for one incredibly easy side! The garlic parmesan sauce is so flavorful and addictive.
- Add potatoes to a cooking pot and cover with 2 quarts of cold water. Stir in salt.
- Bring to a boil over hight heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a light simmer and cook the potatoes, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes or until knife tender. You want to start checking for doneness around 12 minutes. Do not overcook or they will fall apart. Drain immediately and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking start on the cream sauce. In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook until lightly golden, about a minute or so.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in half and half, cayenne pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let the mixture thicken. If it’s too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Stir in the cooked potatoes until fully coated in the cream sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
Keywords: easy, vegetable, Easter, holiday