Pasta salad with Italian dressing is a cold veggie pasta salad made with crunchy vegetables, cheese, and fresh herbs. It’s effortless, healthy, and easy dish to make!
- 8 oz. small shaped pasta, such as penne, fusilli, or farfalle
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions until al dente, about 10 minutes depending on the type of pasta. Immediately drain and rinse under cold water to remove excess starch. Set over a colander to drain and cool slightly.
- In the meantime, prepare the Italian dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- To assemble the pasta salad: in a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, chickpeas, cauliflower, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, parsley, and dill. Pour the dressing over the salad and throughly toss to coat. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust accordingly.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to overnight. Before serving, mix the salad to incorporate all of the juices from the bottom and taste again for salt.
Keywords: italian pasta salad, cold pasta salad, pasta salad with feta cheese, pasta salad with vegetables