Cake like super soft Italian-inspired cookies with creamy ricotta and a hint of orange. Drizzled with irresistible maple glaze.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice (approx from 1 medium orange)
- 1 tsp. orange zest, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large clean bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, orange juice, and orange zest. Beat to combine. With a wooden spoon, gradually stir in the dry ingredients. Do not overmix!
- Spoon the dough by a heaping tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on the middle rack, until slightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with Maple Glaze. Garnish with orange zest.
- Stir together melted butter, syrup, and cream. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Storing Cookies: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- cookie recipe lightly adapted from the Food Network
Keywords: italian cookies, ricotta cookies