Open-faced grilled salmon burgers are quick, delicious, and nutritious. Made with fresh salmon chunks and served on a grilled baguette slice with the most flavorful basil mayonnaise.
- 1 pound fresh salmon, skinned, de-boned, and finely diced
- 2 green onions, sliced (green + white part)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs, not seasoned
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Toasted french baguette slices, sliced about 3/4-inch thick
- Tomato slices
- Avocado slices
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, green onions, parsley, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Season the mixture with black pepper, to taste, and mix to combine.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs and let the mixture rest until the breadcrumbs soak up some of the moisture, about 5 minutes.
- Form the salmon into 6 patties and transfer to a hot oiled grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side on medium-high heat. Do not overcook! In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the baguette slices to the grill and cook until toasted on both sides.
- To serve, generously spread one side of baguette slice with the basil mayo and then top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and salmon patty. You can top the burger with little more mayo and lettuce if you like.
- Add ingredients to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- See post for tips on how to make sure the burgers are not dry and do not fall apart.
Keywords: summer, seafood, healthy