Basic weeknight dinner is sometimes the best type of dinner. These mini chicken meatloaves get a ton of flavor from the addition of Italian sausage and their tenderness comes from the grated onion.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 10 oz. Italian mild sausage
- 1 medium onion, grated using a box grater*
- 1/2 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Fresh finely chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine by hand the chicken, sausage, onion (including the juices), breadcrumbs, and egg. Season with salt, to taste. Do not overmix. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Form the meatloaf mixture into 10 football shaped loaves, about 3 1/3 inches long, and place on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 17-22 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the ketchup and soy sauce. Spread over the meatloaves and broil until the sauce begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- You can also quarter the onion and shred it in a food processor.
Keywords: kid friendly, weeknight, easy