Fresh mango chunks, cilantro, and a kick of jalapeño make this mango cilantro salad dressing absolutely irresistible! All it takes is 10 minutes and you have yourself a vibrant dressing to go over your favorite salads.
Yields: 1 cup
- 1 large mango*, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1–2 limes)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- To a bowl of a food processor, add mango, cilantro, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, and lime juice. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste. Puree until smooth.
- Gradually add oil, in a steady, slow stream, and puree thoroughly after each addition.** Dressing should be thick, creamy, and light lime color.
- Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container up to 3 days.
*You will need 3/4 cup chopped mango, which equals to be about 1 large mango. Fully ripe mango works the best.
**Adding oil in a slow, steady, stream (gradually) is very important to creating thick and creamy dressing as oil and lime juice naturally separate but when emulsified, they create magic.
Keywords: salad, fresh, tropical, summer