- 1 cedar plank (16 X 7)
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lemons, halved
- Prepare the cedar plank by soaking in water for at least 1 hour. I usually fill my kitchen sink with enough water to cover the plank and use full water bottles or canned goods as weights to keep the plank underwater.
- While the plank is soaking, combine the brown sugar, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Rub over one side of the salmon fillets.
- Preheat the grill on high heat. Place the soaked plank on the grill until it begins to smolder and crackle, about 3 minutes. The plank will turn black. Flip the plank over and arrange the salmon fillets (rub side up) on the plank along with the lemon halves, cut side down.
- Cook, covered, until salmon flakes easily (the lemons will also become really soft), 8-10 minutes. If plank catches on fire, spritz it lightly with water until the flame is gone.
- Squeeze lemons over salmon and serve immediately.
add additional 1 hour for the plank to soak in water