One pan roasted chicken and potatoes tossed in the most flavorful lemon spice combo and roasted in the oven until juicy tender. It’s such an easy weeknight meal!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, about 3–4 lemons
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 lbs. bone-in-skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes, about 2 large, peeled, halved + cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, thyme, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken, potatoes, and onions to a large bowl. Pour the lemon spice mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Arrange the chicken skin side up, potatoes, and onions on the prepared baking pan. I like to lightly season everything with salt and pepper once arranged on the pan to ensure it is seasoned well before going in the oven.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, toss the potatoes around and spoon some of pan juices over the chicken. Top with lemon slices, and continue baking, uncovered, for additional 25-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Chicken: Substitute chicken drumsticks for the thighs. The bake time is the same.
- Potatoes: Swap out the russet potatoes for baby gold. They have a delicate, slightly sweet flavor and a creamy texture. Plus you don’t have to peel or cut them.
- Seasoning: Make sure to thoroughly season the chicken and potatoes with salt. I like to add a sprinkle of salt with the lemon spice mixture but also season the chicken and potatoes once arranged on the baking pan. And don’t be scared to pick up the chicken and season it all over. Salt enhances the flavors, makes chicken juicy, and simply makes food taste good.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 187.6 mg
- Fat: 17.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
- Protein: 40.3 g
- Cholesterol: 177.6 mg
Keywords: one pan, sheet pan, chicken and potato dinner