Easy hummingbird cake recipe! Made in a sheet pan with bananas, pineapple, coconut, and topped with luscious cream cheese frosting. It’s incredibly moist, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups cane sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed bananas, about 4–5 ripe bananas
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in its juices
- 1 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add bananas, pineapple, oil, eggs, coconut, and vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Some lumps are okay. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on a wire rack before frosting.
- Make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy. Taste and add a pinch of salt if frosting is too sweet.
- Spread frosting in a thick layer on cooled cake. Slice and serve.
- Leftovers: Leftover cake will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. Keep covered.
Keywords: sheet cake, easy dessert, pot luck