Making homemade vegetable broth has never been easier! Now you can make your own vegetable broth using kitchen scraps. There’s little waste and you always have fresh broth on hand.
- Add frozen vegetable scraps to a 6-quart stock pot. Add water and the remaining ingredients. You should have enough water in the pot where you can easily stir the vegetables.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a bare simmer, and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Take the pot off the stove and remove all the vegetables with a slotted spoon or a skimmer.
- Set your strainer over a large bowl and pour the broth through. Broth should be clean and clear without any impurities. You can also run the broth through a cheesecloth.
- Cool completely at room temperature and then divide into storage containers or gallon size freezer bags. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- See recipe post for a list of vegetables that make the best veggie scrap broth and also vegetables that should be avoided.
Keywords: stock, soup, homemade