Vanilla almond flax granola naturally sweetened with honey and baked until golden crisp with wholesome almonds, flax seed, and coconut oil. This homemade healthy granola is easy to make and stores for 1-2 weeks!
Makes 7 cups
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole, raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the oats, almonds, flax seeds, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir really well with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 21-23 minutes. Halfway through the baking, remove the granola from the oven, and stir in the coconut flakes. Continue baking until lightly golden brown. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool completely in the baking sheet, undisturbed, before breaking into pieces.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Keywords: on the go, snack, easy, kid friendly