Super moist and lightly sweetened with honey, these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins make the perfect fall breakfast or on-the-go snack! Made all in one bowl with coconut oil and white whole wheat flour.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, about 2–3 bananas
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour, measured correctly
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or if using liners, line with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil and honey. Whisk in eggs.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the mashed banana, pumpkin puree, milk, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add the flour and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan. You should be able to fill all 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350 F degrees, and bake for additional 17-20 or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pans on a cooling rack to cool. Store cooled muffins, covered, at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
- Ingredient Substitutions: See post for all substitutions, including gluten-free options.
Keywords: pumpkin, fall, healthy