Baked healthy chicken meatballs just have to be one of the best and easiest meatball recipes to make. Simple ingredients, one bowl, and kid friendly!
- 1/2 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. grated onion (or shredded in a food processor)
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil for forming meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 9X13″ baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If using aluminum foil, lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl. Let the mixture sit for about 2-3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs absorb the milk.
- Add chicken, egg, onions, parsley, sour cream, and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste. Mix the mixture by hand just until combined. Do not over work the mixture, or else the meatballs will be dry and tough. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes before forming into balls.
- Lightly oil the palm of your hands with olive oil, form the chicken mixture into 18 meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- You want the onion pulp like consistency. You can achieve this by using a box grater or running the onion through a food processor.
- The sauce pictured, is simply store-bought marinara with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.
Keywords: chicken meatballs, baked meatballs, healthy meatballs