This turkey stroganoff recipe is so comforting, delicious, and simple to make! It’s a great weeknight meal that comes together in about 30 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 7 oz. baby bellas or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 12 oz. dry egg noodles, cooked per box instructions
- In a 12-inch non-stick pan, melt butter over medium heat. When hot, add onions and mushrooms. Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently until browned. Remove to a plate.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, add chicken broth to a small bowl or measuring cup and gradually whisk in the flour until smooth. There should be no lumps. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to a medium-high and add olive oil. When hot, add ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until crumbled and browned, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in garlic and paprika. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add prepared chicken broth to the pan. It should come to a quick simmer. Stir in mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to a medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Immediately remove the pan off heat and stir in sour cream and parsley. Taste for salt and pepper before serving. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- Leftovers: Store leftover sauce and noodles separately in airtight containers for 3-4 days.
- Tips & Notes: See post for notes and tips. Plus ideas on how to serve the sauce.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 324.7 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.6 g
- Protein: 25.2 g
- Cholesterol: 122.5 mg
Keywords: one pot ground turkey and pasta, ground turkey in sauce, weeknight meal, family friendly