Cobb salad with a twist! This cobb salad recipe with chicken, avocado, bacon and Green Goddess Dressing makes the perfect main course salad for lunch or dinner.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce, from about 1–2 heads
- 12 oz. cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced or diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1–2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Green Goddess Dressing
- On a large platter, arrange the romaine lettuce with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, eggs, avocados, shallots, and feta on top.
- Spoon the Green Goddess Dressing over the salad and serve.
- Chicken: Grilled chicken is really good in this salad. I used two medium chicken breasts. But you can also use roasted, poached, rotisserie, or any kind of leftover chicken.
- Substitutions: For the shallots use thinly sliced red onions. For the feta cheese, crumbled blue cheese would be a good substitute.
Keywords: cobb salad, green goddess salad, main dish salad