Create this beloved Greek chickpea salad with honey lemon dressing right at home! It’s loaded with delicious fresh vegetables and is easy enough to make last minute.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5–6 sweet mini peppers, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Few handfuls arugula
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad: in a large salad bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except for the arugula. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Right before serving, toss in the arugula. Taste the salad..does it need more acidity, salt, olive oil, or maybe an extra sprinkle of feta?
- This salad is pretty adaptable. Feel free to use more or less of anything listed above. You can also make handful of substitutions. Here are some of my favorites: bell pepper for mini sweet peppers; black olives for kalamata olives; fresh dill or oregano for parsley; fresh spinach for arugula.
- Salad is best served same day.
Keywords: zesty, authentic, easy, chopped