Sesame chicken salad with napa cabbage, green onions, cilantro, crunchy almonds, and delicious sesame dressing. It’s so fresh and flavorful!
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 lb. napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 2 small cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced on sharp diagonal
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 12 oz. cooked grilled chicken, roasted chicken, or rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Dressing: Don’t be alarmed if the salad dressing tastes very strong. It is very flavorful on its own but when tossed with the salad the flavors do even out.
- Make-Ahead: This is a great make-ahead salad. It lasts in the fridge for up to 4 days. See the post for make-ahead instructions.
- Servings: This salad makes 4 generous portions to serve for dinner or as a big lunch salad. Or you can break up the salad into smaller portions to serve alongside a soup or even a vegetarian main dish.
Keywords: dinner salad, chopped salad, make ahead salad