Insanely easy chicken vegetable curry with coconut milk and red curry paste. So flavorful and so perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, trimmed of any fat + cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (15 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed + chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled + cut into matchsticks
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until no longer pink on the outside.
- Stir in coconut milk, curry paste, peanut butter, and soy sauce.
- Add green beans, bell peppers, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Last 5 minutes of cooking, uncover and continue to simmer until the liquid has slightly reduced.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and green onions. Serve over rice.
- You can swap out the above veggies for your favorites. Just make sure to chop everything into similar size so they cook evenly.
- Fresh chopped basil can be substituted for cilantro and green onions.
Keywords: chicken curry, coconut milk curry, chicken vegetable curry