This crepe recipe is so simple and delicious. You’ll never want to make crepes any other way.
- 2 eggs
- 2–1/2 cups milk, room temperature (make sure it is not cold nor hot – you can pop in the microwave to get it lukewarm temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs then add milk.
- To the same bowl, add sugar, salt, baking soda, vegetable oil, and butter. Mix all ingredients.
- Gradually add flour in equal parts to the milk and egg mixture; mixing well until no lumps are visible.
- Heat a medium (10″ or 12″ inch) non-stick pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking oil. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until edges are visibly golden and flip. Cook for another 20-30 seconds and remove to a serving platter.
- Continue until all batter is gone. Serve immediately.
Makes approximately 16-20 crepes. If you want your crepes super thin, use less batter per crepe.
Keywords: easy, make ahead, Russian