Creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside, these creamy potato stacks are simple to make, delicious to eat, and really can’t be beat. It’s my new favorite way to serve potatoes for the holidays!
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray 12 cup standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together cream, thyme, garlic, and nutmeg. Bring to a slow simmer and remove from the heat. You want the cream just heated through. Discard the thyme.
- Toss the potato slices with salt and pepper and layer into stacks in the prepared muffin cups, filling each one to the top but not over the top.
- Spoon cream over each potato stack, filling almost to the top. You will have couple or so slices exposed. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are knife tender and golden brown on top.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen up the stacks and carefully remove to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: parmesan potato stacks, scalloped potato stacks, baked potato stacks