Delicate and absolutely irresistible, these coconut oil crepes are always a treat! Made entirely with coconut oil instead of butter or oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature*
- 2 1/2 cups milk, lukewarm (I microwaved on HIGH for 1 minute)
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1/3 tsp. vanilla
- coconut oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs then add lukewarm milk.
- Whisk in the salt, baking soda, and honey.
- Gradually add the flour, whisking until smooth.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat (about 4 1/2-5 on an electric stove). Lightly spray the pan with coconut oil and ladle 1/4 cup batter into the center of the pan, turning and tilting the pan in a circular motion until the bottom is evenly coated with batter.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until the edges are golden and the top is no longer runny but still undercooked.
- Run a spatula around edge of crepe to loosen. Slip spatula under crepe, and gently flip in one swift gesture. If it doesn’t land quite right, use the bottom flat side of the spatula to unfold and rearrange the crepe.
- Cook for an additional 1 minute or until the bottom is lightly brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying the skillet with coconut oil every other crepe.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
*when working with coconut oil in liquid form it’s important to have all ingredients at room temperature as the coconut oil quickly returns to solid form when combined with cold ingredients. Even at room temperature, you may get little solid chunks of oil around the edges of your bowl and if that happens give it couple whisks to incorporate the chunks.
**I use this exact spatula for my crepe makin’. It’s super flexible and makes flipping a breeze. You can find it on amazon.
Keywords: treat, fancy, healthy