Chopped Mexican salad with roasted peppers, corn, beans, and avocado, tossed in the most amazing cilantro lime dressing. So good as a side to grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, stem/seed core removed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the pepper halves on the baking sheet, cut side down. Drizzle with olive oil and rub to coat. Roast until the peppers are soft and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat roast corn in little bit of olive oil until slightly charred and golden, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- When the peppers are done roasting and cooled enough to handle, scrape away the skins and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, orange juice, garlic, shallot, honey, cilantro, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, mango, avocados, and black beans. Add the vinaigrette to your taste and mix well. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and chill for 15-30 minutes, covered, in the refrigerator.
Keywords: easy, summer, grilled, fresh