- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, packed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, packed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- To a bowl of a food-processor, add cilantro, parsley, vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Pulse until minced. Scrape down the sides with a spoon or small rubber spatula.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Taste the sauce and add more olive oil and/or salt as needed. The sauce should have body and some texture.
- The sauce is best served within 1-2 days. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Olive oil: Use regular olive oil or extra-virgin olive oil, or a combination of both. Just make sure not to over-mix the olive oil in the food-processor as it can cause a bitter taste.
- Vinegar: Red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar also work in this recipe.
- No food-processor? Finely chop cilantro and parsley. Add to a mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Stir well to blend.
Keywords: sauce, uncooked, green sauce