Easy 20-minute chicken and cabbage skillet with ground chicken, coleslaw mix, carrots, and the most delicious peanut sauce.
- 3 Tbsp. neutral oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 16 oz. coleslaw cabbage mix
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2–3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Hot chili sauce, for serving
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, breaking up the meat with a spoon. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Drain juices from pan and wipe clean.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. When hot, add coleslaw mix and carrots and cook until tender-crisp, stirring constantly, about 3-4 minutes. If veggies begin to burn, reduce the heat. The goal here is to get the cabbage tender-crisp.
- Add chicken and sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for few minutes until heated through.
- Stir in green onions and cilantro. Serve topped with more cilantro and hot chili sauce. I also like to add a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Keywords: chicken and cabbage, eggroll in a bowl