Blackened salmon lettuce wraps with a bright orange salsa. This weeknight dinner comes together in a cinch with simple, fresh, and delicious ingredients!
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 large orange, peeled + chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large avocado, peeled + chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed + finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the salmon onto the prepared sheet pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the spices and olive oil. Pour the mixture over the salmon, making sure the entire top and sides are coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 15-19 minutes or until cooked through. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the salmon before serving.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and gently toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Flake the salmon and spoon into the center of a lettuce leaf. Top with orange salsa. If desired, squeeze some fresh lime juice.
- These salmon lettuce wraps also make great bowls. Serve them over chopped lettuce or over Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 153.5 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Protein: 40.9 g
- Cholesterol: 86.9 mg
Keywords: low carb, easy lettuce wrap, seafood