The easiest fancy dinner you will ever make! This roasted balsamic salmon with asparagus, spinach, and basil pesto comes together so quickly and tastes like restaurant quality meal.
- 4 (5-7 oz. each) salmon fillets, rinsed and pat dried
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 11 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- fresh basil pesto, preferably homemade*
- Balsamic glaze
- olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- fresh lemon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add salmon to one baking sheet. Rub with little olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add asparagus to the second baking sheet and toss with little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place salmon on the middle rack and asparagus on the lower rack and bake for 12 – 15 minutes. When done, salmon should easily flake and asparagus be tender but crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and just when it becomes fragrant, immediately add spinach, tossing constantly with tongs until wilted. If it begins to stick to the pan, add water by 1 Tablespoon. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: divide the spinach, salmon, and asparagus among four plates. Top with chopped tomato. Spoon lightly some of the basil pesto and add a drizzle of balsamic glaze. If desired, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately.
*For this recipe I recommend the freshest pesto. Jarred pesto tends to be on the sour side due to preservatives. I like to make my own or a lot of the grocery stores sell fresh pesto in the produce section or the antipasto bar (where they sell olives, marinated veggies, etc.)
Keywords: date night, romantic, seafood