Crispy, crunchy, creamy and full of fresh flavor! This avocado and apple Brussels sprouts salad is a perfect holiday side dish. It comes together so quick and easy!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, shredded using mandoline or thinly sliced with a knife
- 1 apple, such as Ambrosia, Braeburn, or Fuji, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. To taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with half of the dressing. Use your hands to massage the dressing into the sprouts.
- Add apples, avocado, pumpkin seeds, and Parmesan. Gently toss to combine with the remaining dressing. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Brussels sprouts: You can save on prep time and pick up a 12 oz. bag of shredded Brussels sprouts from the store. That way you don’t have to worry about shredding the Brussels sprouts.
- Substitutions: You can make a variety of substitutions. See the post for a complete list.
- Leftovers: This salad is best served immediately or within an hour or so of prep time. It tends to get a little soft/soggy the longer it sits.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 249.5 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 11.7 g
- Cholesterol: 9.6 mg
Keywords: holiday, fall, avocado, shredded salad