- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut flakes, and pinch of salt.
- Whisk together honey, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir until all the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of wooden spoon to pat down the mixture into an even thin layer.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until the bark is golden and toasty. The consistency will be soft and mushy but don’t worry as it chills it will harden and crisp up.
- While the bark is baking, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave, heating and stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove the bark from the oven and spread the chocolate over the bark in an even layer.
- Transfer the pan to a refrigerator (uncovered) and chill for 30 minutes, or until solid. Bark will further crisp up. Break into bite-size pieces and serve. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
*add 30 minutes for bark to chill