Made with only 7-ingredients, this pumpkin chili recipe just might be the easiest chili I have ever made. It comes together in only two-steps and is an all-time fall favorite!
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin (purée)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- Neutral oil for cooking, such as canola or grapeseed
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Heat about 1 Tablespoon of oil in a dutch-oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add sausage, and brown until no longer pink and almost cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. You might have some pan grease/juices – do not drain it.
- Add pumpkin purée, tomatoes, beans, chiles, chili powder, cumin, and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chili will be on the thick side, so you can add a little more water if needed. Taste for salt and pepper before serving.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings.
- For more heat, substitute mild sausage for HOT sausage.
- For a lighter chili, substitute Italian sausage (pork) for Turkey Italian sausage (same thing just made with turkey meat).
Keywords: healthy, turkey, fall, easy