Flavorful cilantro-lime chicken with delicious avocado salsa will have you in and out of the chicken in about 30 minutes! It’s the perfect chicken recipe to throw on the grill.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest from 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes, seeded
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2–3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cilantro, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, salt, cumin, and olive oil. Season with black pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the marinade and let stand at room temperature while you prepare the salsa, no more than 15-20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill on high heat. Clean and oil the grates. Add the chicken thighs to the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes (about 4-5 minutes per each side) or until cooked through. You will notice the thighs start to shrink and plump up when they are done.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a platter and serve with salsa.
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with chicken.
Keywords: summer, Mexican, easy, healthy