Easter is this weekend and I have a super easy muncher to share with you all. Not only is it good for Easter but any other occasion where you need something quick, inexpensive, and tasty. Radishes have a dear place in my heart, not to sound too dramatic, but they really do. I grew up eating ton of salads with radishes, spring onion, and cucumbers, especially this time of the year. They remind me of my childhood, spring, and Easter.
Yesterday I shared my recipe for homemade basil pesto that I’m loving on everything and anything. It’s probably one of the easiest things you can make and store in your fridge for simple dishes like this one. You can read more about it here. But I took the basil pesto and made creamy pesto cream cheese out of it. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner! Because this stuff is so good smothered on a piece of crostini and topped with crisp, peppery radish. Radishes add instant zing to the garlicky pesto.
And if you’re not a fan of radishes, no problemo, just use any other crisp veggies on hand.
If serving these for Sunday brunch and need to speedy up your prep time, you can do so by prepping crostinis the night before, cooling completely, and storing in a ziploc bag. Prep your creamy pesto spread the night before as well and in the morning all you have to do is top each crostini with the spread and sliced radishes. And that’s it! Only 4 ingredients and you have a tasty, crispy muncher for your Easter brunch.Print
- 1/2 crusty baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 15 slices)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp. Easy Homemade Basil Pesto or store bought pesto
- 6–8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle one side with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes (5-6 minutes per each side) or until golden crisp. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with pesto.
- Top each crostini with pesto spread and couple slices of radishes. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
I used half of baguette for this recipe, which serves about 6 people (2-3 crostinis each). You can easily double up on all the ingredients to serve more.