- 4 cups diced pineapple (1/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups diced red onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (1 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus more
- 1 French baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch-thick slices (approx 30 slices)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- fresh black pepper for taste
- In a large bowl, combine together pineapple, red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Drizzle over the pineapple mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. I made the pineapple the day before and refrigerated overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Arrange baguette slices on a large baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- To serve, add the fresh mozzarella to the pineapple mixture; mix well. Top each bread slice with the mixture and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
adapted from Costco