This summer main course of shrimp with pesto zoodles comes together in a snap! It’s light, nutritious, colorful, and full of FLAVOR.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- sea salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with cajun seasoning and garlic. Season with salt, to taste.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted and skillet is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Shrimp should sizzle on contact with skillet. Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side, without disturbing, or until fully cooked. Remove to a clean bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and melt remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter. Add zucchini noodles to the skillet and sauté until tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes, while constantly tossing with tongs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss the zoodles with the pesto. Then add the cooked shrimp (without the juices) and tomatoes. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Zucchini is high in water content, therefore, you want to sauté the zoodles in a large pan for only 3-4 minutes or just until tender crisp. There should be almost no water on the bottom of the pan when zucchini is done sautéing and before you stir in the pesto.
Keywords: low carb, zucchini noodles, seafood, quick