- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed out, such as Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1–2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1–2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with ricotta until smooth. Add egg, sugar, and vanilla; continue beating until combined.
- On a floured surface, lightly roll out the puff pastry sheets one at a time. Cut each sheet into six squares. Place a generous tablespoon of cheese filling in the center of each square and top with 3-4 slices of apples. Fold the opposite corners together, pinching tightly in the center to seal. Lightly sprinkle each danish with sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and slightly cool.
- Drizzle with Caramel Glaze and serve immediately.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar; lower the heat to low and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 tablespoon of milk and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add more milk as needed.
*if the glaze begins to set, pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds until smooth