Fresh strawberries, basil, arugula, feta, a top of a crisp baked naan bread. Make this with the freshest strawberries for a quick and easy bite to eat. It’s light, fresh, and absolutely delicious!
Making a flatbread with assortment of toppings is probably one of the easiest things you can make this summer and personally it’s my favorite way to serve up a “pizza” without having to deal with the raw dough. It’s all about different layers and texture. This strawberry bruschetta flatbread is not only gorgeous but light, refreshing, and easy to make!
Simply top the naan with brie cheese and bake until bubbly crisp. Then layer on fresh strawberries, arugula, basil, feta, and finish off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Add a little more feta if you prefer a more savory style flatbread.
- 2 naan style breads (I love Stonefire brand)
- 8 oz. Brie cheese, rind cut off and cheese thinly sliced
- 1½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 - 1½ cups arugula
- 4 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta, plus more to taste
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze*
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place naan on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and spread evenly using a pastry brush. Top with the sliced Brie cheese and bake for 9-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and tender crisp. If you want an extra crispy top, broil for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the naan from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries in a small bowl with the lemon zest.
- Top the naan evenly with the strawberries, arugula, and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil (you only want to moisten the arugula so very lightly), then add a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and sprinkle of feta cheese. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.