Hope you guys had a fun and safe 4th of July yesterday! We ate too much, stayed out too late, and today paid the price. When you have a little two month old at home there’s no way around it. Something always goes…in our case it was the sleep. So today has been very much heavily caffeinated long day with plenty of glazed donuts (courtesy of my hubby) and plenty of chocolate. Not my typical food groups but some days you just gotta.
Cherries + chocolate are one of my favorite combinations. I fell in love with the combination after my hubby got me hooked on Cherry Garcia ice cream when we started dating. It’s still one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Cherries are HUGE now and everywhere, so what’s a better way to enjoy them than with some chocolate?!
I teased you guys couple Friday’s ago with these absolutely beautiful and delicious chocolate bars on my IG and I’m finally happy to share them with you all. Best part, you can whip them up in a heart beat. Seriously. Any day of the week, at any time. They come together super easy and quick. Only eight ingredients with simple instructions and all in one pan.
There’s five layers of absolute goodness in these. Soft crusty layer that is very similar to a butter cookie (yum!), chocolate-y kinda of gooey fudge layer, fresh sweet cherry layer, another crumb layer and more chocolate on top layer. Baked in a 9X13 pan for about 25 minutes, cooled, cut and eaten, preferably with a cold glass of milk. Simple as that.
These store really nice and are perfect take along dessert for any occasion. Now I’m off to sleep. Seriously. Tomorrow is salad day.all.day.long.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pitted, halved, fresh cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar, flour, and salt; continue beating until incorporated. Mixture will be crumb like. Press with your fingers 1¾ cups of crumb mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine the sweetened condensed milk and dark chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until chocolate has melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove the crust from the oven and pour the condensed chocolate mixture over the crust, spreading gently.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the chocolate layer; top with cherry halves and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool the pan on a wire rack completely before cutting.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.